The Village of Cobleskill's four day boil water advisory has been lifted after two rounds of testing have revealed no contamination, ending the municipality's water main saga that began last weekend.
Prompted by a pipe bursting on Borst Noble Road on Sunday evening, almost all village and some town residents were without water for only a few hours as work-crews made the necessary repairs and it all started to flow again.
A boil water order was put into place out of precaution, which led to a campus wide restriction on water usage at SUNY Cobleskill. Additionally, certain cafes and all water fountains were placed off limits.
However, just when the situation appeared to be subsiding, another water main break occurred on Canterbury Drive early Thursday morning. That burst, characterized as a leak by officials, was under control in only a few hours.
Testing consisted of collecting bacteriological samples and being examined at a lab for harmful contaminants. This is was done by checking both the chlorine residuals and total coliform bacteria levels.
The advisory was lifted Thursday evening in an announcement posted on the village's facebook page.