» Wind Chill Warning Until 10am Thursday
Wind Chill Warning Until 10am Thursday
Written By Editor on 1/6/15 | 1/6/15
Below is from the National Weather Service. Keep it tuned to our always updated weather page for more info.
...Wind chill warning in effect from 5 PM Wednesday to 10 am EST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a wind chill warning...which is in effect from 5 PM Wednesday to 10 am EST Thursday. The wind chill watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations...southern Adirondacks...Lake George Saratoga region...eastern Catskills...Berkshires...and southern Green Mountains of Vermont.
* Hazard types...dangerously cold wind chills.
* Wind chill values...as low as 40 degrees below zero.
* Timing...Wednesday evening into Thursday morning.
* Impacts...the combination of brutally cold temperatures and brisk northwesterly winds will combine to create dangerously cold conditions for exposed skin.
A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air and strong winds will create dangerously low wind chill values. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.