, pub-2480664471547226, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Home » , , » Water Supervisor: Cobleskill Water is "Safe to Drink"

Water Supervisor: Cobleskill Water is "Safe to Drink"

Written By Editor on 1/13/14 | 1/13/14

The Village of Cobleskill published the following notice on the local government's facebook page:
The water supervisor has made the following announcement: Many residents may notice a musty taste and odor in the water. This is because the water dept. is now using Dow reservoir (the oldest source.)

Because of the high amounts of nutrients in this reservoir, algae levels were very high. Algae causes the taste even after the treatment plant removes the algae. We are adding potassium permanganate to help get rid it.

The water is safe to drink and meets all drinking water standards. Taste and odors pose no health effects. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call 234-2195.

Share this article :
Like the Post? Do share with your Friends.


Post a Comment